Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy and EDS/EBSD-analysis Laboratory
The Geology Departments SEM Laboratory consists of a variable pressure Tescan Mira3 High Resolution Schottky FE-SEM equipped with Oxford EDS and EBSD system and a CL system.
The instrument allows for:
- High-resolution imaging in both high- and low-vacuum mode
- Qualitative and quantitative elemental analyses
- Qualitative and quantitative line scans and elemental mapping
- Electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) studies
- Cathodoluminescence imaging
The laboratory is foremost dedicated to academic research conducted by investigators at the department, but external users, such as researchers from universities, laboratories and industry are also welcome.